- Examine, analyze, and evaluate some of the key events that took place during the modern Civil Rights Movement.
- Review and synthesize some of the major events that happened before and after the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, including the 1963 Children’s Campaign and the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
- Examine and discuss the ways in which women contributed to the CRM and the effectiveness of the strategy of nonviolence.
- Watch and deconstruct two-four webisodes that focus on the different aspects of the Civil Rights Movement.
- Engage in small and whole group discussions about social justice, racial healing, and diversity.
National Center for History in the Schools. http://www.nchs.ucla.edu/history-standards/ (Accessed 15 June 2013)